Saturday, October 27, 2007

Ramadhan & Aidilfitri 2007

Time to update this blog again, I guess.....

First of all, by God's grace, I managed to do my umrah in Makkah before leaving Saudi Arabia back to Malaysia. It was calming, and I feel rejuvenated eventhough there was a large crowd there, since it was the last 10 days of Ramadhan.

We travelled by car from Jeddah to Makkah, which took about 1 hour. Along the road, we stopped to have sahur at one of the stops along the highway. After performing our Subuh prayers in Masjidil Haram, we started our Umrah ritual with the Tawaf around Kaabah, followed by the Sai'e between Marwa & Safa and then cutting our hair to signify completion of the Umrah itself.

We left Makkah around midday, and later on that night, headed to the airport to catch our flight back to KL. All in all, an eye-opener, to say the least. Now let's hope I can perform the Haj soon.....

Then I took a two-week leave for Aidilfitri. On the last few days of Ramadhan, after coming back from Saudi, I went to Brunei to be with my wife and kids. Then all of us travelled down to KL, and the next day, we drove down to JB for Hari Raya celebrations.

Afterwards, back to Brunei for celebrations with family members over there. All in all, a very good Raya. And I think the kids enjoyed it immensely too, judging from their expressions. Check it out yourself below.....

Ayrah playing with sparklers in JB

My wife and I laughing as someone took our picture in JB

Ayrah with my sister in JB


Wesley & Ayrah in the car on our way back from JB

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home