Saturday, July 22, 2006

The New 7 Wonders of the World

I came across an initiative by a group called the New OpenWorld Foundation recently, which calls for a worldwide vote to name the New 7 Wonders of the World, choosing from a list of 21 finalists (see www.new7wonders.com for more details).

Personally, I would choose the following (not in any particular rank, mind you):
1. Great Pyramids of Giza, Egypt

2. Eiffel Tower, Paris, France
3. Great Wall of China, China
4. Taj Mahal, Agra, India
5. Stonehenge, Wiltshire, England
6. Colosseum, Rome, Italy
7. Ayasofya Mosque, Istanbul, Turkey

Do check out the website and vote. They will announce the official result on 7th July 2007, i.e. 07.07.07.....

I've only been to two of the places above so far, the Eiffel Tower (twice) and Stonehenge. Hopefully, I would have the time to visit Taj Mahal soon, as I'm flying off to India today (on a business trip, of course).

Even my dearest late grandma has walked on the Great Wall of China, when she was well into her seventies!

Hmmm..... that's only 3 out of 7 for me..... 4 more to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home