Thursday, March 02, 2006

New addition to our family :)

On the request of our niece, Jalwaa, who's now in Manchester, UK, here's a few pictures of our new baby girl. She was born on the 26th of February, 2006 @ 4.40am in Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Saleha Hospital, Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam. At birth, she weighs 2.61kg and was delivered normally without any complications.

My newborn daughter with her mommy, 5 hours after delivery

Ain't she a cutie?

She's 1-day old when this picture was taken

Will post more pictures soon. I also have a tale to tell. You see, my wife's water broke on the morning of 25th February at around 7am. However, she didn't realise this, thinking it was just a normal discharge. So she called one of our niece, Dr. Wadi to ask her opinion. After that, she drove herself (!) to the hospital, and still manage to stop at one of the shops nearby to buy a few stuff. Talk about strong, eh?

Meanwhile, I was still in KL, doing some work at the office that morning. My flight was scheduled on that fateful day, but it was to depart in the afternoon. As soon as my wife got to the hospital, she was told that she's having contractions already, and it was 30 minutes apart!

Dr. Wadi then called me up to tell me about it. God, I was so panicky then! You see, I wanted to be there in the delivery room for the birth. At that moment, I wished that there's an immediate flight to Brunei!

To cut the story short, I rushed to KLIA and requested the frontmost seat available at the check-in counter. The ground staff of Royal Brunei Airlines were sympathetic with my plight (Thanks guys, you're the best!!!) and managed to entertain my request. It was the most nerve-wreaking flight that I ever took, as my wife's contraction was now 15 minutes apart!

I went straight to the hospital as soon as I landed in Brunei, hoping that I was not too late. God was kind to me; I was there in the delivery room when she gave birth to our lovely little girl.....

Before I forget, I would also like to thank the doctors and nurses at the delivery theater, Ward 18 and 16 for taking good care of my wife and my newborn child. Hanya Allah sahajalah yang dapat membalas jasa awda sekalian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home