Sunday, September 12, 2004

Emotions against Logic



Sigh..... today is one of those days where nothing can ease this feeling of loneliness inside my heart..... emotions ran high as I watched two of my friends, one from my high school days and the other my officemate (well, sort of... same company but different locations) married each other yesterday in a simple but meaningful ceremony...... looking at their joyful faces, both sharing meaningful glances with sparkling eyes..... made me realise how much I miss my wife and son....

Logic came crashing in then...... I have to endure this for as long as I have to, due to work commitments..... friends suggested that I should move my work closer to my family, but the truth is, it is not so easy as it seems.......

Anyway, my wife is attending the Muleh 3 Hari ceremony at the Istana Nurul Iman on my behalf, while I'm here, thousands of miles away, watching the Monza F1 race...... for those who are not familiar with the Bruneian Royal Wedding traditions, Muleh 3 hari is held to mark the end of separation between bride and groom after the bersanding ceremony. This separation is held for 3 days for both bride and groom to go back and be with their respective families.

On the F1 races, Ferrari got a one-two finish, with Barrichello in P1 this time round. Trust me, the race was exciting, as at one time, Michael Schumacher was at P15 after a spin! Talk about a brilliant comeback! Oh, and poor Kimi had to retire again...... his 8th retirement this season..... what crap reliability that McLaren car has......

Well, back to work tomorrow....... sigh....... when would I see my wife and son again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home