Monday, January 03, 2005

Of Tsunami, New Car, Celebrities and 2005

A lot has happened since the last time I penned my entries here......

First of all, the Asian tsunami disaster, which unfortunately also hit my beloved country Malaysia. Until today, 69 lives have perished here in direct relation to the unthinkable event, which have taken over 150,000 lives so far in affected nations worldwide. My family and I extend our heartmost condolences and sympathy towards people who have been affected by this unprecedented tragedy. Al-fatihah.


Secondly, I personally got the chance to drive a spanking, brand-new, BMW X5. Mind you, it is not mine, but my father-in-law's. And, before any one of you readers think otherwise, let me say this publicly; I did not ask to drive that car - I was offered to drive it, and being a petrolhead, of course I graciously accepted it. Not once, but 3 times. It is a really nice car. That's a fact.

On another note, I managed to meet 5 of our Akademi Fantasia 2 students yesterday while on my way back from Brunei. They were on the same flight as yours truly. And I was also able to chat and obtain autographs from Kaer, Linda, Zahid, Adam and Farah. The funny bit is, while waiting for my luggage at the KLIA carousel, Farah nonchalantly (most probably by accident) picked up my luggage and started to put it on her trolley. So I had to rescue my luggage before she ran away with it. Sorry Farah, I know you liked my baby-blue coloured luggage, but I'm not about to give it up just yet. :)



Finally, this new year 2005 was celebrated in a sombre fashion out of respect for the lives lost due to the tsunami, with both Malaysia and Brunei declaring cancellations of all entertainment-related celebrations ushering the new year. It is apt, looking at the ordeal that has to be weathered by people affected by the event. Anyway, happy new year everybody, and let us pray in unison for peace and harmony to grace us in this year and many more years to come, Insya-Allah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home